Friday, June 27, 2008

Money, its a gas...

Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash.
-Pink Floyd

It really sucks to be on a budget. If Kelly was working right now, we would be living high on the hog. This phrase comes from the south. The good meat can be found on the back of the pig. That's what the owners of the plantations ate. They would give the slaves the pigs feet and jowls. If you lived high on the hog, you were eating the good meat and therefore well to do. Yep. We would never have to have the budget discussion. Man, I hate that talk. As a matter of fact it is about the only thing Kelly and I have issues with. We rarely get through a money discussion without someone crying. And it's usually me. I'm just kidding. Kelly never cries.

I don't know what it is. It probably comes out of some ancient primal instinct that I am the man and I need to provide for my clan. (insert monkey noises now) When that primitive feeling is tweaked in a bad way I get...oh I don't know...Kelly may refer to it as defensive. I admit I become a little reserved but I promise you whatever she says, she's lying.

After looking at the financial statement the words red and dark red came to mind. It's not because we aren't bringing in enough money. It's because we were spending too much money. A lesson the federal government could stand...no...stop...I promised myself this post would not be political.

We know what we have to do. No more eating out. Dollar store for any presents. No more ATM withdrawals outside of our network. No more diapers, milk, clothes. You know the extras. Yep it's time to tighten the belt. Time to shine all the penny's. Time to bite the bullet.

Now if you'll excuse me. I need to go get my daily Venti Mocha Frapuccino.

No comments: